Dear Valued Patient,
Thank you for trusting us to save your tooth. The safety and health of the patients and the dental professionals in our practice is our top priority at Lexington Endodontics LLC. We strictly follow infection control guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environment Protection Agency (EPA), the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Public Health, as well as recommendations and guidelines from the American Association of Dentists (ADA), the American Association of Endodontists (AAE), and the Massachusetts Dental Association (MDS). Below are some changes we have made to our office and the appointment experience in response to COVID-19.
INCREASED PATIENT SAFETY MEASURES
- Signage has been installed to promote proper Hand Hygiene, Respiratory Hygiene, Cough Etiquette and Disposal of Tissues.
- Every person who enters our office, including doctors, staff, and patients, are screened and their temperature is taken in order to limit exposure to any risk factors for COVID-19.
- A strict face mask protocol has been implemented. All team members and patients are required to wear a face mask in front desk and clinical areas.
- All of our treatment chairs are over 6 feet apart.
- Schedules have been altered to facilitate social distancing within the office.
- HEPA air purifiers with UV light are used in all our rooms and UV light in our HVAC system.
- The reception area and high contact surfaces are disinfected after every patient
- During appointments, rubber dam and high-volume suction are used to minimize and capture aerosol spray.
- Fogging is used as needed.
- The office continues to carefully maintain all required universal precautions.
Patient screening is performed for every patient prior to scheduling an appointment. Each patient is asked if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms ( as listed and continuously updated on the CDC website) , any positive response requires a phone consultation with one of our doctors before proceeding with scheduling an appointment.
The following enhanced health and safety protocols are required:
Prior to Your Scheduled Appointment
- Front desk staff will send you an email to complete registration at home in order to minimize time spent in our reception area.
- Please bring a mask or face covering to your appointment.
- Please call to reschedule your appointment if you experience or have been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms within the past 14 days.
- In the office, social distancing and a limited number of people are maintained. Patients are asked to come to their appointment without an escort. If you require assistance, we ask that your party drops you off at the office then wait in the car until your procedure is complete. Please call us to arrange for in-office assistance by an escort.
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
- Please arrive no sooner than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment unless told otherwise.
- Read the sign at the door (it states that you should leave the building and call us from your car in case you have a cough or are sneezing).
- Please come into the office wearing a mask or face covering.
- Follow the signs posted in the office.
- Our reception area configuration has been modified to accommodate social distancing, including limited seating and installation of physical barriers. In addition, no additional guests are allowed in the waiting room. Please call us ahead of time if special needs assistance is required.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands and review and sign our “COVID-19 Patient Questionnaire” and “Informed Consent During the COVID-19 Pandemic”
- It is recommended that you take your temperature at home before departing for your appointment. Your temperature will be taken upon arrival at the office. If your temperature is 100˚F or higher, you will be asked to return home and reschedule your appointment.
- You will be asked to be seated in a designated chair until our dental assistant is ready for you. The chair is disinfected before and after your arrival.
- Use of N95 respirator masks, gowns, hair covering, and face shields in the operatory is required for staff.
- Patients are required to keep their mask on until they are seated in the dental chair (and need to open their mouth for an evaluation or treatment) and goggles are provided to the patient for appropriate eye protection.
- Our team will strictly follow guidelines set forth by the CDC and OSHA, in regards to personal protective equipment (PPE) and office sterilization procedures.
- You will be provided with a hydrogen peroxide solution to rinse your mouth for one minute prior to receiving dental care.
At Check Out
- We will escort you to make sure hallways are clear during your travel to the front desk.
- You will be asked if you would like written or e-mailed post-operative instructions.
- Payment can be made with credit and debit cards (except American Express). Checks are also accepted.
- You are encouraged to sanitize your hands again before leaving the office.
After Your Appointment
- You will receive a follow up call 48 hours after your appointment to check on your dental symptoms and to screen for COVID-19 symptoms.
- After your appointment, Lexington Endodontics is available to you on an emergency basis or to answer any questions or concerns that you may have.
COVID-19 SCREENING TOOLS
Please click here 😊 or follow this link to check yourself for symptoms: CDC.GOV
Thank you for helping us keep our team and community safe, we look forward to seeing you!